Monday, June 2, 2014

RE: Overgrown W Mill Plain Blvd medians-continued

thank you Kevin. so then my question to you folks at the City of Vancouver ( who are on this email thread) how difficult is it to get a crew from Mabry to come cut the blackberries back of the West mill plain Boulevard sidewalk?

I would be more than happy to take my weed wacker down there if I could be assured of payments from the city to my landscaping business for doing so.

blackberries may not being noxious weeds, but they need to be kept koff the sidewalks of busy city streets.

please be aware that this email thread constitutes a public post on my blog. Thank you.

On Jun 2, 2014 7:57 AM, "Tyler, Kevin" <Kevin.Tyler@clark.wa.gov> wrote:

Hi Shea,

 

I'm sorry if I wasn't as clear as I could have been in my response, but blackberries, both Himalayan and Evergreen, are Class C noxious weeds and are not designated for control anywhere in the state of Washington.

 

Thanks,

 

Kevin Tyler

Resource Enhancement & Permitting Manager
Clark County Environmental Services
CASEE Center (360) 397-6140 x7731

Public Service Center (360) 397-2121 x4258
Cell (360) 773-7674

 

From: Shea Michael Anderson [mailto:sheaside@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, May 30, 2014 7:25 PM
To: Tyler, Kevin
Cc: Radcliff, Keith; Holmes, Eric
Subject: RE: Overgrown W Mill Plain Blvd medians

 

wonderful, thank you for getting back to me so quickly!

I am assuming that blackberries do fall under a Class A or Class B noxious weed?

much appreciated,
Shea

On May 30, 2014 4:22 PM, "Tyler, Kevin" <Kevin.Tyler@clark.wa.gov> wrote:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please, go ahead and say something - let me and others know what you think, how you feel, what should be done...what I didn't say, should have said...or how shrill I am/not shrill enough. Be assertive here.