Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Local Politicos' Oily Cash, Don Benton's Next Moves

Just saw Tesoro gave WA politicians nearly $ 28 k in the 2012 election cycle.

This includes $500 to Senator Ann Rivers, and $800 to Senator Don Benton.

Of the two, I'm much more worried about about the donation to Benton. Remember, our man in Olympia is also our environmental services director. in other words, he's the guy that oversees the County's permits for the oil terminal.

I'm not saying they did anything wrong. However it looks and smells pretty dang funny. At any rate, they spread their crude around to a lot of hoohoos up in Olympia...as you can see on followthemoney.org.

But anyways I suppose none of it matters. I heard from an inside archconservative local source that the state GOP is dumping Benton in favor of a more electable candidate. Benton is said to be  okay with it though, he gets to keep both the state and county pensions... better to enjoy his vacation home in Baja California I suppose.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please, go ahead and say something - let me and others know what you think, how you feel, what should be done...what I didn't say, should have said...or how shrill I am/not shrill enough. Be assertive here.