Thursday, June 26, 2014

Applause for Councils Dealings with Homeless

Applause to Vancouver City Council for not spending our tax dollars either evicting homeless or doing invasive maneuvers (invasive plant removal) that our neighbor to the south has done (The Mercury, June 25 2014) on the Springwater Trail.

SHAME on Council for not following PDX Commish Amanda Fritz's lead and putting Porta Potties in our city parks. What DOES IT TAKE, Mr Holmes and Council, to provide toilets in our parks and keep people from pooping in the bushes? Do I need to file an initiative? Im sure I could get 4.5K people to sign that one.

Cc'ing Eric Holmes, Tim Leavitt, Anne McEnerny-Ogle, Jack Burkman, Bart Hansen, Alishia Topper on this one. Cmon folks, get this business cleaned up-the "task force on parks" (per Holmes two months ago) is a farce. We need some Honey Buckets STAT.

And until I see a Porta Potty at John Ball + Carter + Arnada Parks, I aint shutting up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please, go ahead and say something - let me and others know what you think, how you feel, what should be done...what I didn't say, should have said...or how shrill I am/not shrill enough. Be assertive here.