Friday, July 4, 2014

Calling on Our Folks in Oly to Change Local Initative + Referendum Laws

Just learned that cities in our state, like Vancouver, can completely disregard initiatives filed by their citizens, even if filed properly with all required signatures (in Vancouver's case, currently around 4.5k citizens, or 15% of votes in Mayor Leavitt's last election).

I hear folks who govern our Vantucky, such as City Attorney Ted Gaithe, are using this law to full advantage to deny the ballot for peoples' initiatives they dislike.

I call on Senator Ann Rivers and Representative Jim Moeller to change this initiative law next session in Olympia, and give us Vancouver voters some relief, and the ability to change things.

Happy Independence Day all. Remember, this email constitutes a post on my blog, O Vancouvria!, ovancouvria.blogspot.com. Please hit "reply all" when responding and let some sunshine in. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please, go ahead and say something - let me and others know what you think, how you feel, what should be done...what I didn't say, should have said...or how shrill I am/not shrill enough. Be assertive here.