Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Carolyn Crain's Olympia Bid

The lovely effervescent activist Carolyn Crain is running for State Legislature in my district, W Vanc's 49th.

Carolyn, who isnt a Vancouver resident - she hails from that narrow wedge of Hazel Dell included in the 49th - is a perennial candidate for a host of local seats (most recently a bid for Freeholder).

Readers of The Columbian will recall she stood up to Vancouver City Council members and told them in NO UNCERTAIN TERMS to "quit circle jerking" city residents on their property taxes (a touching crusade by a non-city resident heroine crusader on our behalf). Given the sheepish grins and squirming by Council during her public commentary (especially by Tim Leavitt + Bart Hansen, as the paper noted, see my other posts for more on that intrigue), its clear her heroic efforts hit home.

While many in town write Carolyn off as some sort of hackneyed right-wing nut job, I prefer instead to look beyond her "Children of the Corn" surface and glazed stare and see the beauty within of a lady on the hunt for windmills to tilt at here in Vancouvria. I no doubt La Crain will be unopposed in her GOP primary in our leftist progressive 49th, and I sincerely hope local GOP leaders, as well as her worthy Dem opponent, will solidly hitch to her bandwagon as part of a County-wide GOP effort to oust non Tea Party-leaning folks who aren't 100% with Commish Madore.

I am glad, finally, to see Carolyn venting her spleen towards the RIGHT elected office-as much as her sticking her nose into City goings on is appreciated. When the election is over, I hope she'll use the down time towards weaning Hazel Dell off the County teat and into incorporated city status. Alas, one can dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please, go ahead and say something - let me and others know what you think, how you feel, what should be done...what I didn't say, should have said...or how shrill I am/not shrill enough. Be assertive here.